GDPR Transparency Statement for Candidates
We are EUSA Pharma (UK) Limited (“EUSA Pharma” or “we”). This transparency notice describes how we collect and use your personal information before and during the candidate recruitment process, and after the recruitment process has ended.
Collection of Information
We collect personal data from you when you either register on the EUSA online recruitment portal or via a recruitment agency (with your consent) or by direct contact with EUSA.
Should you make contact with EUSA via the EUSA webpages, or direct by other means, for example telephone, you may be directed to our online recruitment portal. On this portal you will be asked to provide certain information yourself, including your name, contact details, date of birth and job history. Some of the information is mandatory in order for EUSA Pharma to consider an application for a vacancy or meet its statutory monitoring and reporting responsibilities. However, where indicated, some of the information is optional and you can choose not to complete. Any information requested will only be used for recruitment purposes.
We are a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you and explaining your rights.
In this portal we will collect and store personal information that you submit. To do this you create an account profile which will be password protected. It is your responsibility to keep your password secure. You may access, review, correct, update, or delete your CV or profile in the online portal any time by signing in to your account. In addition, EUSA may collect your data via third parties to whom you have previously provided consent to share with EUSA, such as a specific recruitment agency, or networking sites such as LinkedIn or directly from referrals.
The EUSA Pharma online recruitment portal is hosted by a third party supplier. By submitting your personal information, you are consenting to EUSA Pharma holding and using it in accordance with this transparency statement.
How EUSA handle (process) the data that is submitted by you
Personal data is collected to facilitate the recruitment program and we process your data as follows:
- check you are legally entitled to work in the UK;
- review your work experience to date;
- review your education to date;
- consider whether to interview you or request further information from you; and
- used for anonymised reporting purposes, such as the volume of candidates who apply and sources of applications.
Data entered as part of an application and/or an account is stored in the online recruitment portal and will be made available to an applicant to ‘reuse’ or to match up to another vacancy as part of any future application(s).
The third party company who hosts the portal has entered into a binding contract with EUSA which ensures that appropriate, technical and organisational measures are in place to protect your data. Our third party supplier holds this data on secure servers based on the UK mainland.
In the event of your application resulting in the offer and your acceptance of a position at EUSA Pharma, your personal information from the online recruitment portal will be transferred to and held in EUSA Pharma’s employee database.
Except as is set out in this statement or as required by law, your personal data will not be provided to any third party without your consent.
Automated Decision Making
Prior to attending an interview, you may be asked to undertake psychometric testing on separate third party website, which requires you to consent to that third party processing your data. This site software assesses your answers to a number of questions (known as automated-decision making) and produces a report with results of your psychometric testing. The report data is then shared with EUSA Pharma HR staff for consideration as part of the recruitment process. If you do not agree to undertake this test, we will not take your application further.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach. EUSA will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Data Retention – How long will we use your information for?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, or reporting requirements. Should you be unsuccessful in your application, we will keep your personal data for a period of 12 months should any other suitable vacancies arise. After this period your data and your user profile and password will be deleted. At any time during the 12 month period you can updated and change some of the content of your data on the portal such as CV or phone numbers, address.
Your rights in connection with your personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law:
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- You have the right to request that we update the personal information we hold about you.
- You have the right to request that we delete the information we hold about you. If you ask us to delete your personal information, we will not be able to process your application further.
- You have the right to ask us to stop processing personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation, which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- You have the right to ask us to restrict how we use your personal data. If you ask us to restrict our use of your personal data, we may not be able to process your application further.
If you want to exercise your rights under any of the above, please contact the EUSA in writing at the following address; Breakspear Park, Breakspear Way, Hemel Hempstead, HP2 4TZ, for the attention of the HR department or via email; HR@eusapharma.com.